Few professions are as complex and constantly changing as the construction profession. Every day is a new challenge. On large projects, keeping track of the constant changes in construction data is a full time job.
Modern technology has simplified some aspects of our work, and complicated others. Software like BIM 360 Docs, Design, Build, Glue, and others can make it easy to access what you need and to interact with project data in valuable ways.But until now, there was no seamless way to view all of a project’s actionable data in a simple, personalized, unified view. BIM 360 Project Home changes that, and our users are raving about it.
What Is BIM 360 Project Home?
Project Home is a way of interacting with BIM 360 that gives project team members a single view into their entire project, with access to important, relevant, and actionable information from across BIM 360 and even some 3rd party services. Project Managers or Project Engineers can start each morning with Project Home, looking at their list of tasks and prioritizing which subcontractors to reach out to first or identifying which issues that need to be addressed quickly. This allows you to quickly evaluate areas that require attention for you and your team.
BIM 360 Project Home gives project team members a snapshot of a real-time “to do” list
The Features of Project Home
Project Home gives every project member access to a dashboard that provides a unified view of the actionable information about the project that is relevant to them. The information on the dashboard is:
- Unified and data centric. It pulls information from all linked BIM 360 applications.
- User specific. It displays only information that is relevant and accessible to each user based on their user permissions.
- Actionable. It displays actionable information specific to users that they can drill deeper into.
- Seamless. Project Home becomes the user’s default landing page, and is also accessible directly from within the project module picker. Users can access information inside each application from the homepage and navigate directly to it.
- Personalized. The Card Library allows users to customize the view of project data relevant to their needs by picking and choosing the cards to display on their homepage. Integration partner applications like site cameras, virtual reality, and business intelligence tools can also be added to the dashboard providing a holistic view of the project..
The Card Library allows you to create customizable views of project data relevant to your needs
What It's Like to Use Project Home
Construction teams using Project Home rave about all of the benefits, including greater efficiency, fewer headaches, and fewer mistakes. It makes it easy to see at a glance what the day’s priorities are, and to make decisions about the work that must be done.
Project Home gives users a snapshot into relevant information based on roles, access levels, and permissions. The page presents only information relevant to the particular user, and prioritizes information according to what requires attention that day.
Project team members can expand individual cards to see more information, then link directly to any documents, checklists, or other items to respond, communicate, and manipulate. Project members can see items that are assigned to them. Whereas Project Admins can see items that need their attention as well as items that are outstanding from a project perspective.
Each member can easily rearrange their Project Home page layout and with the recent release of the Card Library, they can hide or add selected cards that they have access to. Users can choose from a wide selection of cards including:
- A map of the location of the project
- Current and forecasted weather conditions on site
- Field Issues
- Checklists Status
- Outstanding RFIs
- Document Issues
- Design Packages
- Risk Prediction cards powered by Construction IQ
- Interactive Project Design card
- Partner cards
The Card library supports the customization of Project Home, as well as selected dashboards within the Insights module, by presenting a growing number of cards that each member can bring into their Project Home page and dashboards to give them a comprehensive and personalized project overview.
Harnessing the power of Construction IQ on your home screen:
With the ability to add Construction IQ specific cards into Project Home, users get instant visibility and reap the benefits from BIM 360’s machine learning capabilities. Construction IQ helps teams better predict and manage project risk by using artificial intelligence technology to scan and surface project data that is flagged as potentially problematic, for example, categorize safety issues that fall into the "fatal four" categories so that teams can quickly see and prioritize what issues need addressing.
Project Home acts as the first place users go every day to quickly see this information and take action, working as a “smart assistant” to flag daily project priorities.
Learn more about the importance of leveraging construction data to improve project performance.